Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How to compromise on where we live?

You should try living for a time where he does, like a month or so and see if it grows on you. Then he should live where you do and maybe his eyes will open. But if one of you decides that your current location is a dealbreaker, I don't see how you can continue. One of you has to put your fixation on city / village aside in order to be with the other person but remember, nothing lasts forever. Hopefully your relationship will, but where you live is probably only temporary. If you had told me when I was in HS that I would move 14 times in my life, I would have laughed, but that's the truth, that was my life. Now once I did live with a guy I loved but he wouldn't budge off the beach, and my commute was too long so I left him. The fact he wouldn't compromise allowed me to see he was a douche in other ways as well. I don't think you have that problem, I think either you or your boyfriend will easily see that it's ok to give up where you currently live in order to be with the one you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment